The Abide Ministries 2019 School of Prayer is now over. Audio recordings of many of the break-out sessions from the event are available. Also available are the plenary sessions and some of the worship music provided by Chasing Ebenezer. You can click the links under Inhabiting His Presence Sessions to access podcast audio.
Below is a follow up letter for those who attended the conference.
Thank you for coming to the “Inhabiting His Presence” Abide Prayer Conference this year! We enjoyed leaning into the heart of our Father with you last weekend. Thank you for being such thankful, generous, and enthusiastic participants.
At our closing address, Abide founder, Jody Mayhew, encouraged us to consider the analogy of fruit-bearing seed:
Each member who modeled Jesus at the conference is like a fruitful tree who shared from the produce of their abiding. We all were able to eat and be nourished from their fruit and now we have a pit or a seed left over from the meal.
Jody lifted her hand as though holding a seed and asked us, “What will you do with the seed?” She urged us to sow and cultivate it.
Let’s take heed. Now that the conference is over, it’s time to plant what we have learned into our hearts and our communities. Let’s patiently steward it so that it can come to maturity and bear great fruit.
Here are a few opportunities we’d like to offer you as you seek to cultivate the seed:
- Every Tuesday night, Abide offers an ongoing School of Prayer from 6:30-8:30pm at Montavilla Baptist in the basement (where we ate lunch). Come! The first hour offers teaching and instruction and the second hour allows for a time of responding in prayer. The Women’s Prayer Summit is just around the corner: November 18-21, at the Cannon Beach Conference Center. Contact Jody@prayersummits.net for more information.
- Audio recordings from the conference are now available on the Abide website: www.abideministries.us Listen to the courses you weren’t able to attend the first time around or relisten to the courses you took to remember and keep it.
- Books to help you steward what you learned in the track sessions are still available, follow these links to purchase today: Heal Me O Lord, Learn from Me. Find more resources at www.mastersmindministry.org and www.tween2worlds.us
- Abide member Cheree Hayes is teaching STEEP – a free online course to learn and begin practicing biblical methods of meditating on God’s word. Over the 12 day course, October 24 – November 4th 2019, you will receive regular emails that include fun instructional Youtube video links, valuable written material, and/or a response assignment that will help you activate each lesson in your life. In addition, the group will be invited to interact on a closed Facebook group and participate in a live Zoom call. To register, subject title your email “STEEP” and send it to: email@example.com.
- “Master Pieces,” offered by Calvin & Julie Tadema begins meeting on Thursday October 17, 6:30-8:30pm at Vancouver Pillar Church, 3611 NE 132nd Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98682. “Master Pieces” will focus on discovering your gifts and call, and includes exercises designed to explore your God-given identity and purpose. Additional information at: mastersmindministry.org.
- Sacred Space training – do you have a desire to bring “Sacred Space” to your community of believers? Ellen Koch and Keri Keller would love to spread the vision. If you are interested in coming to a training workshop, please contact Ellen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fasting Experience – you’re invited to participate in a fasting “lab” with Faith and Christine in November. The signup for this group fast was offered at the end of the workshop on fasting, but all who the Lord is inviting to join are welcome! This will be a three day group fast with space to ask questions, share experiences through an online group, and receive support as we hunger for the kingdom. Sign up by titling your email “Fasting Experience” and send it to: email@example.com.
Inhabiting His Presence,
The Abide Team
P.S. Did you attend the Sacred Space art room and leave a little house behind? Please contact Ellen at 503-704-1194.